4495e1322f9e4c2ea4c3901c8d5af5ad

Wednesday 28 November 2007

Running against the Wind......all the way to the End.

I'm currently enjoying the sunshine in South Africa on our family farm in the Western Cape.

And although the 'holiday' is for 5 weeks, the majority of my time will be spent with all over South Africa with Lawyers, Rental Agents, Property Developers, etc. in order to improve http://www.horizon-consultancy.com/ as a whole.

But progress has been unexpectantly slow due to a number of 'speedbumbs' that I have encountered while furthering the cause..................from seriously slow internet connections to incompetent Agents / Lawyers / Developers, etc.

When I started my property adventure 5 years ago, I thought I had laid the groundwork which would exempt me and my clients, from future dealings with incompetence and the inability to provide the client with the best possible service. But I have been sadly mistaken...................even though I currently have a great team of professionals assisting me, and my clients I still find you should ALWAYS keep your finger on the button. I think Albert Ellis said it the best when he said:

The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You don't blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the President. You realize that you control your own destiny.

While jogging this morning, I had my i-Pod in and the song 'Against the Wind' by 'Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band' came on. For those who don't know the song, these are the lyrics of the chorus:
- Against the wind
- I'm still runnin' against the wind
- I'm older now but still runnin' against the wind
- Well I'm older now and still runnin'
- Against the windAgainst the wind
- Against the wind

I guess Bob Seger and his mates might have been unto something when they reminded us that although things are hard in the beginning, you will always have to work at something in order to achieve...................in the beginning, as well as at the end.

No comments: