4495e1322f9e4c2ea4c3901c8d5af5ad

Tuesday 27 January 2009

Stop. Learn. Do - The DIY Approach

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself - Andy Warhol

Five months ago I asked a few so-called 'web design professionals' to give me a quote of what a new website would cost Horizon. Quotes came in starting at £1000 and went all the way to £2500 (What were they thinking??)  

All I needed was 3 sections consisting of International Property, FOREX and UK PAYE refunds which should be integrated into Aweber (our autoresponder) How difficult was that ??!!

So nothing ventured gained, nothing gained...........I proceeded to learn how to do it myself. Now I know what you're thinking, What the hell was I doing??!! Leave the technical stuff to the pros and get on with the marketing / advertising / promotion of your company !! 

Our web server, 1and1.co.uk has a limited website builder, but it was with this that I started to experiment. From template, images input to the actual process of programming............

Five months later I have learnt to build a website from scratch (no jokes that it was a long, hard slog !!). So without further ado, have a look at the new and improved Horizon Consultancy website:


Any thoughts, ideas of comments are most welcome !!

No comments: