4495e1322f9e4c2ea4c3901c8d5af5ad

Thursday 26 July 2007

Giving into FEAR ???!!!

I have recently read a wonderful book on wealth. The book is called ‘How to get Rich’ by Felix Dennis. Felix is one of Britain’s wealthiest self-made millionaire’s, and estimates his personal fortune between £400m-£900m. With that amount of money, does the exact figure really matter?? !!

Felix made the majority of his money in the publishing sector (His company is called Dennis Publishing), and owns magazines such as ‘Maxim’, ‘The Week’ and ‘PC Weekly’. The reason why the book is different to other ‘I made myself rich and now I’m going to make myself even richer, when you buy this book’ variety, is Felix’s approach. He starts off by saying ‘That this is not one of those horrible self-help books written by people who have never made money in their lives’. He therefore turns everything on its head regarding the impression the reader had of the book. Different angle, better results !!

There are many lessons I learnt from ‘How to get Rich’, but the one thing that stood out was this: The reason why so many people aren’t rich, is that they are simply afraid. Fear of failure, fear of embarrassment, fear of losing their wife / lover / friends. It is this fear that holds us back to become who we should be……....and who we were destined to be. ‘Conquer your Fear, and you will conquer Death’ as Alexander the Great would say.

The website for our launch is still being worked upon by our Marketing Guru, Wilhelm Kruger. Wilhelm is smoothing out a few ‘discrepancies’ but he assures me that we will be up and running soon.

I pray that it will be sooner rather than later, as the old adage ‘Goals are Dreams with a Deadline’ is starting to haunt me…………

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very interesting book and it seems like you can learn a few things from this old chap.

Unknown said...

Hi Niel :)

Thanks for your comment.

How to get Rich is an amazing book, and I recommend that you read it when you get the chance. There are many truths spoken that you (and I certainly did) learn from.

Keep well
Eric